Useful resources for trucking during the COVID-19 pandemic
The nation and the world are facing an unprecedented situation as it grapples with the COVID-19 pandemic caused by the novel coronavirus that first appeared in China late last year. It has many, many effects on the trucking industry, which the nation is relying on to keep vital supplies moving even as government officials are prohibiting large public gatherings, closing schools, shuttering offices, and more.
HDT is working closely with our sister fleet media brands to stay on top of what fleets need to know and how other fleets are dealing with everything from keeping drivers safe and healthy to handling significant changes in demands from customers.
Selected Coverage of COVID-19 and Trucking
Full coverage is available at https://www.truckinginfo.com/tags?tag=COVID-19
- March 20, 2020: Answers to Questions about COVID-19 Emergency Declaration for Trucking Relief Supplies
- March 18, 2020: Blog – COVID-19 is Trucking’s Time to Shine
- March 17, 2020: Pandemic Survival: Adjusting Fleet on the Fly
- March 17, 2020: Truck Stops Step Up to Serve Drivers During COVID-19 Outbreak
- March 12, 2020: Trucking on the Front Line in Fight Against COVID-19
- March 4, 2020: Trucking Prepares as First Effects of Coronavirus Hit Port Trucking Hardest
COVID-19 Trucking Relief Emergency Declarations
- FMCSA March 18 Emergency Declaration
- FMCSA FAQ on Emergency Declaration
- State COVID-19 Emergency Declarations
- American Trucking Associations COVID-19 Update Hub
- Truckload Carriers Association Resource Hub
- Illinois Trucking Association COVID-19 page
Maps showing spread of coronavirus:
Driver-to-driver advice: Surviving COVID-19 and the Road’s Unhealthy Reality
by HDT Staff
FLEET MANAGEMENT AUDIT
Fleet management is the use of a set of vehicles in order to provide services to a third-party, or to perform a task for our organization, in the most efficient and productive manner with a determined level of service and cost.
Fleet management activities are shown in the following graph 1:
Graph 1: fleet management activities
The proposal audit analyses and assesses all fleet management activities shown in the graph 1, and its main goals are:
- Know the overall status of the fleet management activities
- Provide the analysis, the assessment, the advice, the suggestions and the actions to take in order to cut costs and increase the efficiency and efficacy of the fleet management activities
With the information obtained, we’ll elaborate a report that holds the overall status of the fleet management as well as the suggestions, recommendations and the measures to take in order to cut costs and optimize the fleet management activities.
CLICK ON THE FOLLOWING LINK TO DOWNLOAD THE PROPOSED FLEET MANAGEMENT AUDIT: