Digital transformation changes the way in which a company develops its strategy, using technology to execute its processes. It is more than merely converting hard copies of documents into digital formats or using a digital platform instead of an Excel spreadsheet. Nowadays, digital transformation represents a key change if you’re looking to ensure your company remains competitive. ‘Digital” refers to the use of technology which generates, stores and processes data.
The implementation of technology alone doesn’t comprise a digital transformation. However, the transformation of a company to make the most of the potential offered by these technologies does represent a digital transformation, entailing a shift in the company’s culture.
Digital transformation entails several benefits for fleet management, including:
- Reduced management times and costs
- Greater flexibility
- Improved communication within the company and with the client/user
- Automated and optimised fleet management activities
- Share information with the client/user in real time
- Greater client/user satisfaction
- Increased productivity
- Real-time decision making based on data
- Greater ability to analyse information
- Improved visibility, control, traceability and management of all activities
- Facilitated implementation of new business models, enabling access to new clients and markets
- Gain a competitive advantage
- Stand out from your competitors
The main tools required for the digital transformation of fleet management include: telematics, video telematics, optimisation (above all else, route optimisation), transport management systems (TMS), enterprise resource planning (ERP), car sharing, process digitalisation, tyre management, advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS), spare parts platform, workshop 4.0, remote diagnosis, predictive maintenance, remote vehicle valuation, connectivity, business intelligence, vehicle remarketing, big data, machine learning, and the internet of things (IoT).
Digital transformation of fleet management represents a great opportunity for your company to gain a competitive advantage and make it stand out from your competitors, in addition to benefiting from each of the aforementioned advantages.
Advanced Fleet Management Consulting guides companies throughout the entire fleet management digital transformation process, helping to make them more competitive and reduce costs through technological innovation in their business models.
Please feel free to get in touch if you are interested in learning more about the digital transformation of vehicle fleet management.