Real-time charging status and alerts can help combat range anxiety.
Samsara, a telematics provider, has launched new tools to help its customers streamline their operations when electrifying their fleets. The new electric vehicle (EV) features, developed in collaboration with EV customers, give fleet managers remote visibility into their electric and hybrid vehicles.
With the new features, fleet managers can:
- Combat range anxiety with real-time charging status and alerts. Additionally, real-time state of charge reports allow the fleet office to make more informed dispatching and operational decisions.
- Get notified of low EV battery levels with State of Charge alerts to prevent “bricked” vehicles. Managers can also find the closest charging station with the EV Charge Stations Map Overlay, including open hours and available charging types.
- Optimize EV route planning with visibility into fuel, energy levels, and nearby charging stations in order to dispatch the right vehicle with sufficient battery charge needed to complete the job.
- Measure vehicle performance to ensure that all the vehicles in the fleet — whether gasoline, diesel, electric, or hybrids — are performing optimally. Fleet professionals can stay on top of energy consumption, carbon emissions, effective MPG, and percentage of electric miles driven vs. fuel usage for plug-in hybrids to monitor the impact of the EV fleet.
- Monitor charging behaviors with visibility into EV charging history and ensure that drivers are charging at optimal hours and locations. For example, overnight charging can save on electricity costs, and ensuring vehicles are plugged in after routes are complete allows the fleet operation to increase the road time of their EVs.
by GRN Staff
FLEET MANAGEMENT AUDIT
Fleet management is the use of a set of vehicles in order to provide services to a third-party, or to perform a task for our organization, in the most efficient and productive manner with a determined level of service and cost.
Fleet management activities are shown in the following graph 1:
Graph 1: fleet management activities
The proposal audit analyses and assesses all fleet management activities shown in the graph 1, and its main goals are:
- Know the overall status of the fleet management activities
- Provide the analysis, the assessment, the advice, the suggestions and the actions to take in order to cut costs and increase the efficiency and efficacy of the fleet management activities
With the information obtained, we’ll elaborate a report that holds the overall status of the fleet management as well as the suggestions, recommendations and the measures to take in order to cut costs and optimize the fleet management activities.
CLICK ON THE FOLLOWING LINK TO DOWNLOAD THE PROPOSED FLEET MANAGEMENT AUDIT: