8 Key Questions Fleets Should Ask Potential Suppliers
All fleet suppliers have some formal customer service and client relations staff and process, the former is usually for day-to-day services via telephone and email and the latter is more strategic and involves face-to-face visits.
Developing good, solid working relationships with suppliers is important in the overall success of such programs.
Here are eight key questions fleet managers should know or ask these supplier teams if they’re planning to work together.
- The average client service staff tenure.
- Specifics of who will be handling your account.
- Whether your customer service calls will be routed to the next open line in a call center or if you will have an assigned representative. Same goes for field client relations staff.
- The frequency of client relations representative visits.
- The size of other accounts your representative is assigned to.
- The number of accounts your representative handles.
- The territory that your representative covers.
- References for your representative.
Using the above information, a fleet manager, along with sourcing staff, can establish a profile of the service process, even develop a scorecard.
FLEET MANAGEMENT AUDIT
Fleet management is the use of a set of vehicles in order to provide services to a third-party, or to perform a task for our organization, in the most efficient and productive manner with a determined level of service and cost.
Fleet management activities are shown in the following graph 1:
Graph 1: fleet management activities
The proposal audit analyses and assesses all fleet management activities shown in the graph 1, and its main goals are:
- Know the overall status of the fleet management activities
- Provide the analysis, the assessment, the advice, the suggestions and the actions to take in order to cut costs and increase the efficiency and efficacy of the fleet management activities
With the information obtained, we’ll elaborate a report that holds the overall status of the fleet management as well as the suggestions, recommendations and the measures to take in order to cut costs and optimize the fleet management activities.
CLICK ON THE FOLLOWING LINK TO DOWNLOAD THE PROPOSED FLEET MANAGEMENT AUDIT: